Sunday, September 16, 2007

impersonating a teenager

Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to impersonate a teenager. This is especially true when I'm walking to the bus stop with my hoodie and my backpack and I'm rockin' my pod (this little phrase came from the salesman helping us spend a lot - oh, I mean - get a sweet set up for Justin to ride this winter on the slopes dude!) I also have the luxury of that rosy glow, usually reserved for teenagers, upon my face - but don't worry the old lady bags under my eyes, that grow bigger and darker every day, offset the acne so that instead of a sad sort of 'youthful' I just look a mess...

I also used to be a morning person but I've reverted back to being a night person. Not so much because I like staying up late as that I'm up late doing homework and get up waaay too early. I hate getting up. Can someone please find more Saturdays for me? And how about more LDS kids so they can do release time seminary again... Okay, okay, I'll stop whining.

Lest there be any confusion, Justin DOES NOT think I look like a teenager - I'm still his same ol' frumpy mom!

4 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

I beginning to wonder when you'd post again! I know exactly how you feel...I was up on campus recently and was anxious about a million things and honestly felt 17 again. There was a sort of freedom in it but at the same time I thought I'd vomit. Te lessons of the last 9 years should not have to be re-lived.

Carrie said...

I haven't updated in a while because it's been a little hectic around here. In fact I'm studying (well, technically I'm taking a break from studying) for a couple tests and I just looked at the calendar and realized that I have to have my outline and sources for a big paper in my Nazi Germany class done by next week. This is really bad. I'm thinking that perhaps I can just drop out of life for a while so I can get homework done. And then I think, wasn't part of the purpose of moving out here so that I could focus on school and not kill myself in the process? I guess the Lord has other ideas and I'd better get used to it but it really stresses me out sometimes. In fact I've been in a constant state of stress and 'freak-out' for the last couple weeks. It looks like that'll improve about December 17th though...

Tara said...

Crazy,

Great to you in blog world again. Really sorry for the teeny bopper freakout and the multiple homework assignments. Maybe see if you can buy a paper on nazi germany off the internet to save you some time ;). That would be nice and for reals teenager style.

Carrie said...

Silly Tara! Like I'd buy a paper. What would I learn by doing that? This is a subject that's actually quite interesting to me so you know I'll kill myself to do it. :)