Tuesday, February 9, 2010

sneezing and...

There's a group of blind students who ride the same evening bus home from school that I do. Yesterday I was standing near the shelter waiting for the bus to arrive and there was a blind man in front of me talking to a couple of his friends. He turned around and sneezed and I was really grateful that he didn't turn around enough to sneeze on me! I mean he had no idea I was there so you know I'm fine with it. No problem. Well, I didn't really want to be sneezed on, I'm just saying I'm not placing blame - I mean he couldn't see me.

Well, a minute later he started doing that gross thing guys do - that sort of hacking-ish, coughing-ish deal to gather phlegm in their throat so they can spit a loogie... You know what I mean! Ish!! I very quickly moved a few feet away because I wasn't about to take a chance that the loogie might land on me. Oh sick. Just the thought makes me want to hurl. Of course, if he spit a loogie on me then I hurled on him I guess that would make us even... Right?

Still, the thought makes me shudder.

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Wise choice to move it. Don't want to chance that ONE.

Sue said...

EEEwwww! Almost like that evil woman who coughed right into my mouth when I was asking if I could help her at the store. Almost. (And I did get sick from her :(
You know I always advise to back away from sick people, blind, deaf (I can say that because I have both vision and hearing problems) just get away!

Randi said...

ok. that is really reallly eww. Almost enough to make one ask if there's another bus you can take.

;)

Becky said...

Oh sick...I HATE it when guys do that! It was smart to move away.