Monday, June 21, 2010

What're You Reading?

What are you reading this summer? Or what are your favorite books? I'm trying to find a book that I'll love but nothing is pulling me in or holding my interest at all. I'm still at the "fluff" stage after school, meaning I can't, and don't want to, read anything I have to think about just yet. Maybe I should just read Count of Monte Cristo again... hee hee. Really though, I just want a fun, engaging story and I seem to be hitting brick walls. What are some of your favorites?

6 comments:

Celeste said...

A great, no-stress book series, is the Hunger Games. Have you read them/heard about them? Even Justin enjoyed them!

. said...

Count of Monte Cristo is great! I have a copy if you need one! =) (thanks again, by the way). After not reading anything for a long time, I finally fell into the Twilight trap - read all 4 books in about 3 weeks - pretty entertaining if you haven't read them. Re-read Anne of Green Gables series last pregnancy - otherwise, I got nothin! I read picture books a lot - got TONS of ideas there! =)

. said...

Oh guess what? I am actually reading a good book (but forgot I was reading anything at all - is that bad?) It's called 'Why Do I Love These People? Honest and Amazing Stories of Real Families' by Po Bronson. I'm almost done if you want to borrow it! Very interesting!

Catherine said...

I'm a big fan of Jane Austen. I'm also reading the Chronicles of Narnia for the first time and really enjoying it. Mark Twain is another favorite I go to. Let me know if you want to borrow anything. Happy reading!

Tammy said...

I just finished Count of Monte Cristo! Thanks Carrie! I've noticed a lot of good parenting books on my mother-in-law's shelves. Maybe I should read some of those. Ha ha!

Steve said...

The dark tower series by Stephen King is really good. It is not like most of his books.