Friday, October 29, 2010

My Guy

When my niece Mia was little (she's exceptionally grown up now at 2 1/2) we would ask her who everyone was and when the J came in or we saw a picture of him we'd ask her, "Who's that guy?" She apparently thought "Guy" was his name and that's what she's called him ever since.

When the J comes home from work, or wherever, Mia runs to find me and says, "Oh TeeTee! (her nickname for me) Your guy, your guy is home!! You see him? You say hi to him?" Then she'll find Guy and say, "Dere's your mom, Guy." This is always very exciting to her and makes me laugh!

And speaking of my Guy, he turns 18 this weekend!! Eighteen! Where did the time go? That's 18 years of all the typical parent/child roller coaster emotions and experiences. And 18 years of a happy life with my Guy! I love the J and I'm glad I'm his mom. (Even though he just reminded me that an 18-year old does not want to hang out with his mom on his birthday. Hey?! I'm cool! Oh fine! We'll hang out later.)



Happy Birthday Guy!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday J! I still think of him as 7 years old, not gonna lie. :)

Sue said...

Seriously where did the time go? If J can be 18 then I guess the other little guys will reach that age too soon also. We all love your Guy!
(I suppose he doesn't want to hang out with his grandparents either??)

Megan said...

Happy Birthday to Guy!!:)

Becky said...

Aww....you made me all teary-eyed! Happy Birthday J! We love ya too!! :)