Thursday, August 26, 2010

School Breakfasts

School is back in which means we're back to the eternal question - what is quick and filling for a teenage boy for breakfast? "Quick" is a key here for me, but if you ask him, "filling" is the key. I made breakfast burritos, waffles, and french toast and froze them so he can just take out what he wants to eat in the morning and warm it up and that works pretty well but really, that'll only last so long... We do make egg mcmuffins frequently but he's fairly sick of those. (I can't blame him, it's about all he ate last year.)

Do you have any great breakfast ideas?? It really has to be A) something that I can freeze beforehand because I'm not getting up in the 4s to make breakfast or B) really fast if it's made the morning of. I'd love any and all ideas. :D

4 comments:

Celeste said...

mmmh...that is a dilema. How does he feel about breakfast casserole? My mom makes a really yummy one that you can put a variety of breaktfast meat in and then you put salsa on top. If you think it would be something he's interested in, email me for the recipie. You could make it the night before and warm some up the morning of. What about a variety of fruit pancakces? Freeze banana pancackes, cinnamon apple etc...

Tara said...

I've got tons of ideas. Captain Crunch, Cheerios, Frosted Mini Wheats, etc. They can be put in a bowl with a little milk and purchased in boxes at the grocery store, all on the same aisle. :)
Can you just for once not show the rest of us by getting up early and making a gourmet freaking meal?!?!!

Lindsay Jane said...

I have nothing helpful to add other than a potential resourse. I really like abusynest.com and she posts all sorts of recipes. Here's a link to her breakfast options, I hope they help!

http://www.abusynest.com/search/label/Breakfast

Tammy said...

You're pretty much the best Mom ever! I got cracked wheat cereal for breakfast when I was his age. Being allowed to put brown sugar on it instead of just raisins was a real treat. I hope he appreciates these fabulous meals. :) I don't think I can top your already great ideas.