Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Estes Park

I just realized that I hadn't ever finished this post and actually posted it!  This is from our last Mountain Day of 2014. We're planning 2015 now and I can't wait to get back up there. 

We took our last mountain trip of the year to Estes Park and this time stayed for the weekend.

We started the trip with a horseback riding adventure.


When the guide was choosing horses for us he asked me if had ridden much.  I said no and he said, "Well, this is gonna scare the [heck] out of you but don't worry - he's a gentle giant."  Giant?  I'll say! I wish I had a picture that shows how tall he was when I was standing next to him.


Dave got to ride Clyde. That's a perfect name for that horse because he just kinda did his own thing at his own pace. Dave, "Clyde, this way. Ok, we can go that way..." Pretty much through the whole ride.


We had fun exploring the town and the riverwalk that runs through it.

The hotel was in a great location but the bed was awful. By the time we were checking out we were both in pain and we couldn't wait to get home to our own bed.


We drove to the top of the world. So pretty up there!







And, of course, saw some elk.  It is Estes Park after all.

And, that my friends, is the last of our mountain trips this year. Boo! Can't wait to start again next year.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is a BIG horse! :) Looks like another fun trip!

Megan said...

Your posts always make me miss the mountains. So pretty.

Becky said...

I just love Estes park! Your mountain trips are so fun!