Wednesday, January 23, 2008

pet peeves

Two pet peeves today:

1 - It drives me up a wall when teachers give out assignments and make a huge deal out of grammar and spelling, etc. and their assignment is filled with typos! And it seems that the ones who are most worried about it ("I'll take off a point for every single error and they add up fast so pay attention!") are the worst offenders! One of my teachers gave such a statement and I had already found 3 typos in the paper. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally on the side of good grammar and typing and spelling but I also expect the same level of competence from my teachers as they do from me.

2 - In online classes you have to post to discussion boards and it takes a long time and I realize that most of us want to get done as quickly as possible but please at least pay attention to what you are typing. There is always at least one person who cannota tpye and doesnn't pay anyn atteniom which makes ir a loot hardet to read quicky and be dome. See what I mean? Grrr!

No comments: