Thursday, May 22, 2008

So Enlightening

Justin and I had an interesting conversation the other night.  It centered around school work but then branched out into the rest of life.  Apparently my brain is like a big grid and functions with several small Carrie's running here and there, pulling things from file cabinets and checking color coded charts.  And, I expect everyone to be like that and he just isn't.  His brain is more like chaos.  (OK, chaos is my phrase but I kept it to myself.)  He figures things out when he does and he's in no rush to do things.  For example, assignment deadlines - highly overrated.  And really just useful for people like me who need to put the information on the color coded chart.  

First of all, I do not know what he's talking about!  Haha!  Ok, I do, but only to a small degree.  And I understand that he's a teenager and they just don't work the same way we old folks do.  But really!

Secondly, I realize that I'm (a little) anal but would it kill him to just try to be the slightest bit organized??  At least in some areas of his life?  Like the areas that will affect him for a long time...

So, where's the happy medium for a Type A mom and her carefree, careless teenager?  Sigh.

1 comment:

monique said...

Organization is soooo over rated! Just kidding. I'm a total organizational freak. And Jeff and Justin sound very similar (both start with J???) Jeff refuses to leave for school on time despite any prodding and the fact that the school is literally IN OUR BACK YARD! I've given up (at least for this year--only 3 1/2 more days, but who's counting?). I have to say you're not giving me much hope for the future. : (