Friday, February 20, 2009

Girl Scout Cookies

It's Girl Scout cookie time!  And let's be honest, who doesn't love Girl Scout cookies!? (I always felt a little deprived in Utah because they're much harder to come by - maybe the Activity Day girls need to start selling cookies? Nah. I think the Girl Scouts have a lock on this one.) I remember going door to door selling GS cookies when I was a Brownie... Ok, I didn't love that cause I've never been a salesman, BUT I've had a love affair with the cookies ever since.

Somoas are the best! Sometimes I wish they were available all year. Then again, if they were I'd eat them too often. And then they would lose their charm after awhile which would be sad. So I guess I'm glad they only come around once a year...

And what's the deal with Thin Mints? Why do they always leave tiny black crumbs in your teeth? Even if you only eat one cookie? My word! Maybe that just means that you should eat a Thin Mint then follow it up with a Somoa so that the crumbs go away...  See? It always comes back to the Somoas...

5 comments:

Celeste said...

Seriously, they are so good! When we got married, Justin had NEVER had one and being a Daisy and Brownie Graduate I was dismayed and tried my hardest to find them in UT and could not. Now it's like we're in heaven having them everywhere. Try the thin mints frozen! YUM!

Megan said...

I got my order today acutally! We ordered them from the east coast (a girl at my work aked everyone to buy them from her daughter) and they're delicious! They have different names out there... Samoas are "Caramel Delights" and Tagalongs are "Peanut Butter Patties". I was worried they wouldn't taste as good but I've tested them out and they're as good as ever!

Becky Hanlin said...

I am SO excited every year for Girl Scout cookies! And yes, Samoas are by far the best. And what's up with the smaller packages of thin mints? I swear that you got more cookies in each sleeve last year. Dang girl scouts rippin' us off. : ) But they're soooo good!

Sue said...

I'm super glad they didn't pull the Tagalongs (my personal favorite) this year with all the peanut butter recalls. That would have been sad.

Randi said...

I know, right? It always DOES come back to the Samoas!