Thursday, August 13, 2009

Invasion of the Flies

On Tuesday I was sitting at my computer an a fly started buzzing around me. Then 4 flies started flying around. We have windows that open without a screen on one side so I opened it and shooed 7 (seven!) flies outside. Every room I went into there was a swarm of flies! Where the heck did they come from? I went around and made sure all the windows were closed - they were. There were honest to goodness at least 7-10 flies in every room!

When I went to bed there was a mad fly (as in, insane) that was flying in circles around my room and it would fly into one mirror and bounce off then fly to the other mirror and bounce off then fly in a circle again and repeat the whole process. It finally took a rest and I was able to kill it. I thought I was safe... but as soon as I turned off the light --- there was another buzz! Oh my heck!!

Yesterday and today there are still a couple stragglers but the swarm is gone. The whole thing still boggles my mind - where did the come from, why were they here for one day, where did they go, and how'd they get in?? So bizarre!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I like that your label on this is "sick" hehe!

Sue said...

It was sick! I killed 3 or 4 and I also wondered where they got in. Not much I hate more than filthy flies. Well I hate mosquitos too.