Friday, August 14, 2009

So Long Summer

Summer is coming to a close. Well, I know, I know it doesn't technically end for awhile but school starts Monday for me and that means that summer is over.

Some things I enjoyed this summer:
*Seeing a fox in our yard - many times. My favorite was when I saw him running through the front yard with a hamburger and two hot dogs in his mouth. Some poor neighbor, who was all set to BBQ, probably ran in the house for something and came out to find his food missing. I think that would be confusing and probably a little annoying. But I sure got a kick out of seeing the thief run off with his loot!

*This was a summer of creating. I had fun learning how to knit a little better, make jewelry, and sew a little (not as much as I might have). I've made a number of Christmas gifts (clearly I can't post pictures yet...) and that was fun.

*I rediscovered audio books. I always check those out when I drive to Utah and occasionally I put one on my iPod (no worries, I erase it as soon as I'm done listening!), but this summer I've listened to several of them. I had lots of drive time going to the Springs and downtown Denver every week and that's what got me started. Then I realized that I have lots of drive time anyway so I might as well listen to a book or learn something. It's been quite enjoyable and I think I will continue the tradition. Maybe I'll be able to tackle a few more on that BBC Top 100 list...

*The weather was fabulous! It was never terribly hot and there was plenty of rain. The hail and lightning storms that have been present far more often than usual were interesting to watch. And did I mention that it's been a pretty reasonable temperature all summer long? I mean there were only a few days (so far... I do realize that the weather part of summer is not over) that got into the 90s - blech!

*My staycation at home all by myself. Now before you get all antsy, you know you'd love one of those too! It's not that I don't love everyone it's just that it was sure nice to have some 100% down time.

Alas, summer is over and it's time to get back to real life. School starts Monday and usually by this time I'm excited and ready for it. Usually. But this time for some reason I'm not. I'm sure it'll be great, I'm just not there yet. I have all 16 of my required books, new folders and paper and pencils (love those!). I have freezer meals done and frozen. I almost have my desk organized - it's as close as it ever is. I've lunched with long lost friends. So, really I should be ready to go. I guess I just need to give myself a pep talk and dive in. :)

I hope your summer has been great too!

No comments: