Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hands

Have you ever stopped to think how wonderful it is to have hands? I was out planting flowers yesterday and I was using my little spade but, as usual, I ended up using my hands to break up the soil in the flower pots because, really, hands are just the most efficient tool I've ever found! They do the work much better and you have such control. I do the same thing with cooking - if I'm making a large batch of something (chicken salad, for example) hands just mix better than a big spoon. No worries, I use gardening gloves for gardening and food gloves for mixing big batches of food.

If you think about how much you use your hands every day - for everything you do - it's quite amazing! Don't get me wrong, I'm really grateful for all the very useful tools we have - and they are very useful - but sometimes you just have to use your hands to really get the job done. What a blessing to have hands!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love to reflect on our "everyday" blessings, things we take for granted. Even if things aren't just peachy in our lives we are still so blessed - and it's always good to realize it and be thankful.