Saturday, May 14, 2011

June's Funny Days

I've been looking for fun things to do while my nephews & niece are here for three weeks this June. I always like to look up the funny, little-known holidays cause you can build some fun around them.

Here's a sampling of June days you may not have heard of:

3 - Donut day
4 - Pencil Drawing Day
6 - Yo-yo Day
7 - Chocolate Ice Cream Day AND Daniel Boone Day
8 - World Ocean Day
9 - Donald Duck Day
10-13 - Superman Week (although that's not very accurate because this is 4 days not a whole week but apparently one day for Superman didn't seem like enough for whoever designated this day... I bet Tiernan would agree.)
11 - Corn-on-the-cob Day
14 - Family History Day
15 - Fly a Kite Day and Nature Photography Day
16 - Fudge Day
17 - Root Beer Day
18 - Go Fishing Day & Picnic Day
20 - Ice Cream Soda Day and Juggling Day

Of course, there are designations for each week of the month too. For example, June 6-11 is National Clay Week. That could be fun.

That leaves one to wonder if there's a designation for the whole month - well, of course there is! It's National Candy Month. Super fun!

I better get busy planning now, we have a lot to do!

5 comments:

Celeste said...

Who knew there were so many fun holidays in June!? Can't wait to see how you celebrate them.

Tammy said...

You are the FUNNEST Aunt EVER! :) Those lucky kids. When we were in Idaho last July, Hugh's sister had a pink party. Apparantly it was national pink day. Who knew! You've given me great ideas to make summer break fun.

Mandy said...

You are so fun. And don't tell my kids about the fun you have together with their cousins because they'll be jealous.

. said...

AND. . .you'd better share your ideas. I need them!!

Catherine said...

You're my hero!!! That's awesome! My sister often emails to wish us Happy _______day. She is ALWAYS up on the strange day of the month. Of course when it gives me a reason to celebrate with chocolate chip everything for dinner....I'm greatly appreciative. :)

(You should post this on the ward Yahoo thing-y...everyone will want to be you.) :)