Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mom Pace

I walk fast. You may or may not have noticed that but if you spend much time walking with me you'll see that I have trouble going at a leisurely pace. Wait, I think I've mentioned this before... Yep, here ya go.

When the J was little, (from the time he could walk), he's had trouble keeping pace with me. He would hold my hand and say "Mom slow down." Or I'd be cruising along and realize he was running to keep up with me. I did try to slow down but really he had to learn to move it. To this day he is more of a dilly dallier than me. Until today.

Today I had the J take me to the library to switch out some movies. I was moving as fast as my little surgered self (gall bladder removal last week) could and he was several paces ahead of me. I said, "Are you running a marathon?" He laughed and said, "No, I'm just going my mom pace."

That gave me a good laugh. Which hurt. ;)

5 comments:

Celeste said...

I didn't know you had surgery!? How are you doing? Glad your son is learning to walk efficiently!

Mandy said...

That just makes me smile. Not the surgery part... :) I'm sure you'll be back to your normal pace eventually!

Becky said...

That cracks me up. I agree w/ Mandy - I'm sure you'll be back to it soon! It's no fun walking slow! : )

Megan said...

Haha yeah I don't think you can keep yourself at a slow pace for much longer!

Tammy said...

I know just how you feel Carrie! I'm a fast walker too (how come we're not walking buddies?). After my foot surgery my big girls thought it was hilarious that they were walking faster than me in Costco and I had to tell them to slow down. Total role reversals. Don't worry, you'll get back to your speedy pace. And then we should be walking buddies!!! That would totally motivate me to exercise-if I could chat with you while doing it!