Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Justin fell in alright

Yesterday Justin's friend was teaching him how to do a "fall in" trick on his skateboard - and it worked. He fell. And banged up his toes, has a nice bump on his knee and I'm thinking he maybe has a concussion. His jaw hurts pretty bad and he has a bad headache and was dizzy for a little while. Poor kid. Maybe this will be a good incentive not to try falling tricks any more. It seems they aren't so good for you. But then I do tend to avoid pain whenever possible, so maybe that's just me. He'll probably try again but hopefully not until his head has had proper healing time.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I did ask him if he was wearing a helmet and he just sniggered and said NO! Like 'no one wears a helmet' but I have seen pictures of Tony Hawk - the king of skateboarding - and HE wears a helmet and pads. Just my "so there". I too avoid pain and suffering whenever possible. However I do remember when I was young (and that was over half a century ago) that I thought of myself as 'strong and tough - a Russian Mountain Woman!'