Saturday, November 8, 2008

The big 16

Last Sunday we had Justin's birthday party. With the big 16 and all we had to have a party, right? 

So, I got pictures to load this time but they're in the reverse order that I wanted them... Whatever.    

Here's little Mia, my niece (she's Becky's but I get to claim her for the moment because this is my blog...) who got to enjoy some mushed up something or other while we all had cake and ice cream.  She kept looking at our plates, pretty sure that something was not right...  So not fair. 

Here's the birthday boy. You might notice something missing - lots of hair. About a month ago he decided he'd had enough and cut it off. He looks older and really great! :) And this is, of course, the best picture I could get of him. Grrr. (That's a mom 'grrr' for when mom's get annoyed with kids who just go out of their way to be difficult.)

This is the joker cake. Becky did a great job! The fondant joker piece was in a box on my bed when I got home from church (so that Justin wouldn't see it before the party) and I have to tell you, it kinda creeped me out when I looked inside. Maybe next year Justin will be into something cute and cuddly rather than creepy and menacing...  Right, I won't hold my breath.


We had confetti poppers and balloons and Joshie & Tiernan especially liked that! Such fun! 

3 comments:

Megan said...

Wow that cake looks soo good! Becky's really doing well on those! I hope Justin had a fun birthday!

Sue said...

Everyone loves a party - even Justin, just a little bit. Now Tiernan wants a Batman cake with black hair like Justin's cake. Eeeewww.

Tiffany said...

Holy cow I can't believe he is 16 already. Love the cake, love the haircut!