Wednesday, July 16, 2008

lost and found

When I bought my little car a few years ago, the previous owner had removed the part of the cup holder that keeps the cups in place.  Very annoying but I didn't realize when I bought it how much it would annoy me.  Anyway, when he or she removed that part of the car (that should always stay in the car!) it left a little hole on both sides of the console thing (and that's what this story is really about).  One day I was driving home from work and I took my cute little earrings out and tossed them into the console where I could grab them when I got home - if I put them in my purse, I'd lose them for sure.  As I turned the corner, out of the corner of my eye, I saw my earring slide right down the hole in the side of the console.  Then I turned another corner and the other one went down with her friend as well.  I was really sad because I had only worn them once.  

Fast forward to about a week ago - I had to take my car in to have some sensor replaced and they had to take that part of the console apart...  And they found my earrings!  How fun is that?  Well, I was pretty excited because I figured I'd never see them again and now here they are!  Yay!  But, they also found a third earring that I can only speculate must have belonged to the previous owner because, despite my plethora of earrings, I've never seen it and never owned a pair like that one.   Perhaps that's fair that her earring was never recovered by her since she ripped the cup holders out.  Or, I suppose, it could be sad that she lost an earring because someone else ripped the cup holders out.  Or maybe finding her earring wouldn't be as exciting for her as it was for me...  :)

1 comment:

monique said...

congrats of finding the earings. it's the little things that make life worth living.