Monday, July 21, 2008

Drat!

Drat! A few months ago I had put my hair back in a ponytail and to my horror I saw a few grey hairs. (Have I written about this?) Well, I was a little stressed because they were at the back of my head which surely means that there are more that I can't even see. And the only reason I saw these buggers was because of the ponytail. Now, fast forward a few months to 2 days ago. My hair is a little on the short side now so no more ponytails for me. BUT, I put my glasses on and pushed them back on my head while I brushed my teeth (which pushed my hair back) and to my horror I saw more than a few grey hairs. I plucked 8! Then I stopped counting - it was disheartening, as I'm sure you can imagine. I vigilantly pluck the greys in front but how am I to get to the bloomin' things in the back??

So, here's my dilema? What do I do? I'm far too young to have a head full of grey. Maybe I'm just being vain but I'm ok with that right now. Do I start dying? If I do that I have to keep up with it and that can be expensive (and potentially damaging to my hair) plus if I ever decided to stop it would be rather a shock when people saw so much grey all at once.

Do I just highlight and pluck? That wouldn't cover it all up but maybe a fair amount? Or should I just suck it up and live with it? No. I don't like that option...

5 comments:

Sue said...

Danny offered to pluck out all my gray hairs once but I realized I would be close to bald if I let him. Now I know I'm your Mom and a lot older so I'm supposed to be gray. I think May Murray is really gray, Peggy is totally gray and pretty much everyone else I know has lots of gray and dye's their hair. It's a big business. I did it twice but didn't want to be a slave to Loreal the rest of my life. But again, I'm a Grandma, and a child of the 60's/70's with all the "go natural" jazz, I can be gray and not care. P.S. I haven't noticed anything - yet.

Lindsay Jane said...

Dye it. You're too young to go grey. Just do something close to your natural color so roots aren't a big deal. Honestly, a box would be just fine and that's what, $7 every 2 months? Promise that's worth the stress you'll save.

Tara said...

I agree with Linds. But, if you want to highlight I am sure you could pull that off too. My mom is decently grey herself and she gets it highlighted every 3 or 4 months and it covers it up way better than you would think. Good luck crazy!

Becky said...

We could experiment with highlights and if you don't like them, then you can just dye it! Yes! Let's have a fun makeover night! : ) Maybe when Mandy and Avery are out here! : ) And by the way, I haven't noticed any gray hairs either, but it's always fun to do makeover nights. : )

Tiffany said...

I third the motion. Dye it. It's worth the money if you're really worried about it.