Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Perils of the basement

Sometimes living in the basement is great. But there are risks that go with that life and one of them is particularly traumatizing for me. Spiders. They seem to think the basement is their space as well (it's not!!) and lately they've been a little too bold.  I have spider traps all around my room (5 plus one in the bathroom) and they do catch a number of the little creeps but they were a little full and there must have been a sign on each that said "No Vacancy" because there were 5 sightings in the last couple days.  OH! Don't worry, that's not all, there are also 3 bites on my legs with fang marks in the middle.  So, the snake-that-lives-right-by-your-window isn't doing his job of eating spiders so they don't come into my room (that really is what snakes do) so I'm going to have to evict him if he doesn't start working harder.  Dad's going to spray once we leave for Utah but that's still 2 weeks away so I'll be tense until then.  Ish! I hate the icky, scary, nasty, little (and sometimes not little) beasts!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Eww! Do you change the spider traps yourself or do you make Dad do it? I remember when Becky and I were in her room (now yours) and we saw a ginormous spider so she sucked it up in the shop vac and then dumped an entire bottle of ajax down the tube haha!

Carrie said...

ha! That's hilarious. I of course make Dad change the traps. I won't have anything to do with it. Yuck.

Becky said...

Ah yes, I remember that day - I think I sucked up some water after the Ajax, so that it would surely kill the spider. Hey - whatever works, right? : )

Tiffany said...

I am a basement dweller too and we also have tons of spiders. I've threatened my parents with their lives if I ever find a spider in Emily's crib, toys, clothes, or anywhere near her. sick sick sick! :)