Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Little Things

Life is full of little things that make me happy so I thought I'd share some of them that I've enjoyed this week.

1. I love it when my hair turns out really cute but I can't for the life of me figure out what I did differently... This also confuses me but I'm more happy than confused so happy wins. 

2. I love finding a great new recipe!

3. I love sleeping in a bed that you just changed the sheets on cause the sheets are all tight and even if you make the bed every day it's never quite like that until you change the sheets again.

4. As I study history I love to see how things worked together to ready the world for the Restoration! It's so cool!

5. I love it when I get a math problem right the first time. Seriously, this doesn't happen very often so it's really a happy thing when it does!!

What are some things that make you happy?

6 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

I also LOVE it when my hair turns out right. Truly one of my favorite simple pleasures. I also love seeing the name of someone I love on my cell phone, beautiful summer nights, episodes of SNL that make me laugh every time I think about them, and the tender mercies of the Lord that remind me that He's in charge.

Sue said...

Snow. Super cold weather where you can see your breath and you shiver even in your big bulky coat. Slushy feet tracking mud all over my floors. Everything dead in the yard. Oh wait. I think I had something on my glasses, I thought you said What are some of the things that make you feel Crappy!

Carrie said...

ha ha Mom! Funny thing is I *do* love the snow and frosty air where you can see your breath! How fun!!

Becky said...

I love little kids, especially babies who are ALWAYS happy to see you! And I LOVE the cold frosty weather, too - can't wait to break out my coats! : ) I love your post b/c it's good to recognize things that make us happy!!

Megan said...

I love nights when you don't do anything in particular but you just spend time with people you love! Oh and I also love when my hair turns out really cute!:)

monique said...

peaches and cream, girls night out, apples and caramel, cool breezes, the smell of warm treats baking on a cold night, fuzzy blanket and a chick flick/good book (with NOTHING else to do--ha ha), giggling kids, b-ball with the boys (me against them), watching my girls literally dancing all through Walmart as I shop (why can't I forget everything and everyone around me and dance?), SLEEP (I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling refreshed...maybe it's never REALLY happened), a good run, rainy nights--thunder storms are best, hanging out with my family when everyone is having a good time, newborn baby smell (I just can't think about the fact that it's probably what a uterus smells like) OK, clearly that's enough from me! Love you Carrie! Miss you!