Friday, June 19, 2009

It's All About the Gold, Baby!

Last weekend I went to a singles conference. Yes, I know - you're shocked. Me too. I'm trying to be supportive in my role on the singles committee... Anyway, on Friday night they did a personality test. Normally I don't put a lot of stock in those so I went in thinking I'd just have fun with it. It turned out pretty fun and pretty interesting.

After evaluating a series of statements, yada, yada, we were grouped into color groups (gold, blue, green, orange) according to our scores. I was "gold" and I now understand that I really am gold. And there are other crazy people like me! Seriously. Don't let that scare you though.

We sat in our groups and were given a poster board and told to make a poster that will explain our personalities to the group. The yellow (gold) poster board we were given was torn on the bottom two corners. My first, immediate thought was "ok, we need to either cut that edge off or make the other corners match." hahaha! Then almost everyone at the table said the same thing! hahaha! That was when I knew I belonged and everything would be alright. We started making a list - all in nice rows and columns - with words that explain us like "dependable," "organized," etc. There were some impostors in our group who drew pictures on our chart - sooo not gold - they should have been in the blue group. The blues are all about artsy creativity, lovey dovey kinds of things. Blue was actually a close second for me which is why I was ok about the pictures (although it would have been nice if they were centered a little better...) and not freaking out like some of the gold who were clearly 100% gold.

The oranges are the party/risk takers/need lots of attention people. They were arguing over who would get to get up and present their poster yet. The rest of the groups were arguing about who had to get up and present their poster. You think I'm a little crazy? You should think about those oranges you know - they really are crazy. heh heh.

Greens are the scientific type and they too makes lists but they must have bullet points. They say what they think because that's how it is and why dance around it?

It was so interesting learning about all of this. I realized that while I'm so very gold, it's because of the strong blue in me that I can live with my messy desk. See, I'm not so anal as you thought.

4 comments:

. said...

I am probably very gold as well. Maybe some blue. Although I do enjoy getting up in front of people. . hmmm. . .maybe I'm just some crazy hue of brown.

Adrienne said...

I don't know that I'd be any of those...I am a rainbow of colors! It may mean schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder. Hmmm...

Carrie said...

I should clarify, most people are not only one color and the ideal is to be a nice even balance of all the colors - a rainbow - but very few of us are truly a rainbow. So, you're likely a couple of the colors and that's great. :)

Trisha said...

Is this from the Color Code book? I think I've read something about it. I'd probably be mostly blue. I like taking quizzes/test like that to learn more about myself. (Or more likely to justify how I am :) )