Monday, June 15, 2009

This Week's Menu...

This is for you Adrienne. And it's a one time deal. haha!

Being the planner that I am (look for a future post about gold personalities) I try to plan a menu every week. I'm totally lost if I don't and we have things like "You Pick It, You Fix It" nights 4 out of 5 nights and chicken nuggets (or some comparable gourmet offering) the other night. Saturday is always a "You Pick It, You Fix It" night so I guess that would make 5 nights out of 6. Sundays, well that's a whole different story so they don't count in my week of planning. You can see that clearly it's better for everyone if I plan a menu!

Usually in the summer I'm really into cooking and I try new recipes constantly. And I make breakfast frequently. This summer that hasn't really set in yet. Maybe it's all the rain? Yeah, maybe not.

There are only a few new recipes on my menu this week. No, that's not so many - I'm kind of weird about that. You could say that trying new recipes is kind of a hobby for me. I checked a few cookbooks out from the library today - hoping to kick start something great - so we'll see what happens.

Generally The J gets after me if I don't make a good breakfast when I'm out of school but since he doesn't join the land of the living until after 11 or 12 these days breakfasts have fallen by the wayside. I kind of miss them but I'm not really going to cook a big (or even slightly involved) breakfast just for me.

So, here's my menu for this week:

Monday:
Adobe Chicken Wraps (recipe here)
Veggies on the Grill
Salsa and chips

Tuesday: (always breakfast for dinner night - hey Adrienne, don't I owe you a breakfast dinner still?)
Baked Cinnamon French Toast

Wednesday:
Sticky Fingers Ribs
I have decided sides for this one yet...
Oh, and I can't find the ribs in the freezer. There's a chance that someone, who shall remain aMOMynous, gave them to my brother. That's only slightly annoying, right? But I'm moving on...

Thursday:
Stromboli
Zesty broccoli

Friday:
Steak Hi-Hat (crockpot)
Noodles
That's probably as far as I'll get on Friday

I'm also known, mostly in the summer, to just change the menu rather frequently as I find new recipes to try. So who knows, we may not be having all of this after all. ;)

5 comments:

Celeste said...

YUM! I want all of these recipies.

. said...

Yeah, me too!

Becky said...

Yum - what time should we be over? Ha ha!

Sue said...

Just to let you know that Monday's dinner was excellent. Even the home made salsa with the roasted tomatillos and jalapeno's that made it just a little too hot for me and I only tasted a tiny dab. But excellent!
And to clear my name, I don't remember giving the ribs away to the poor starving young man but I can replace them easily :>)

Adrienne said...

Thanks, Carrie!
And, yes. Yes, you do owe me a breakfast dinner. ;)