Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Question

The question that is currently driving me batty is "Would you like that in a bag?"  Oh. My. Gosh. YES. I would like a bag. Call me a planet killer but I am not going to carry my [x-many] oddly shaped items out in the snow in my arms. 

Oh, no thanks. I'll just shove some of this in my pockets, some in my purse and some in my arms. No problem.

Sometimes it's only one item and not such a big deal but seriously people if I have more than that, put it in a bag. I will fully admit that I am not on the green bandwagon. I believe in taking care of our planet because it was a gift from Heavenly Father, however, that does not mean we must throw common sense out the window. 

So, the next clerk that says "Would you like a bag with that?" beware - I've been shopping for days on end and I'm tired and really tired of that nonsensical question. 

OH, and just print a stupid gift receipt unless you are prepared to accept a return without it without arguing! If you make stupid rules then play fair. 

Excuse my little Christmas rant. I'm almost done shopping and I'm sure I'll happy up soon. :)

3 comments:

Sue said...

Maybe you should surprise the cashier with "Of course I would unless you want to carry all this stuff out for me!" I feel your rant....

. said...

The gift receipt makes so much sense to me! Didn't they used to just automatically print them out? I was shocked to realize that I had to ask them to print one, after the order is done and the next person in line is starting me down!

Becky said...

I was buying a small glass hurricane votive thing along with many, many other things the other day and the dumb cashier left it out of the bag and said, "did you want to just carry that?" Yes. I would love to carry the very fragile votive, plus 3 other bags all while holding my wiggle worm daughter and the hands of my busy boys on the way to my car. Yep, sounds like a good plan!