Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Feelin' Guilty

We were scheduled to have the missionaries over for dinner tomorrow but they just called and canceled. They have another appointment that will conflict. My first thought was "Yes! That's goo-ood news." Then I felt a little bad. I wonder if he could tell how eagerly I accepted his cancelation? "Oh, no worries! We'll just reschedule another time." 

It's not that I don't want to have them over, it's more that I'm just feeling tired tonight and it sounds like a lot less work for tomorrow if I don't have to clean the house and make a big dinner. Is that really bad or what? That's probably a mark against me so now I better be extra good to make up for it, huh? 

3 comments:

. said...

Watch out for lightening you evil woman! Ha ha ha. I don't think you should feel guilty - you should feel thankful that Heavenly Father knows your needs and maybe it would have been too much. Tender mercies - not guilt!

Sue said...

Whoa! I didn't even know they were coming - okay I forgot they were coming! But I look at it this way: We (you) DID invite them (brownie point) but they can't come (entire pan of brownies!)

Becky said...

That's o.k. - the last 2 times the missionaries were scheduled to come over, Jeff and the kids were sick with stomach bugs. The second time the elder sounded a little suspicious when I cancelled.