Monday, July 13, 2009

Well That Was a Rude Awakening

Last night I put a glass of water on the nightstand by my bed because my throat was dry and I was coughing. This morning I mostly woke up (I wasn't all the way awake yet...) and went to take a drink. I did a quick glance to make sure there weren't any spiders in the glass - ok, pause here - I'm terrified of the nasty things and even if you're not, I challenge you to spend a little time in my room and not become paranoid...

Anyway, everything seemed clear so I took a small drink. And felt something on my lips! I spit everything out, sorry floor, and was now 100% awake. Then I checked the floor to see what might be crawling away and how much scrubbing I'd have to do of my lips (can't have any spider residue there of course). There was a tiny little white moth crawling across the floor. Still sick. Not as sick as a spider (by a long shot) but still unnerving. What a rude awakening.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Oh sick! That still requires a certain amount of lip scrubbing! It is good that it wasn't a spider, because that definitely is worse, but still so gross. Blah!

Megan said...

Hmm yeah a moth would be harder to see in the early morning! At least you didn't accidentally swallow it... eek!

Lindsay Jane said...

So, so gross. I'm glad you didn't swallow it.

Celeste said...

Oh yuck! After something like that, I would be checking ever brown speck on the carpet or wall thinking I saw a moth! By the way, do you mind bringing your copy of Washington Square to church on Sunday so I could borrow it?? Thanks so much- I'll take extra good care of it!

Diana said...

Just a trick to get rid of spiders, peppermint oil on a cottonball in the corners of your room. They don't like it I guess. I have some if you want to try it. Just give me a call. I woke up once with a box elder bug in my ear. It was very disturbing.

Sue said...

I actually too a drink in the dark in the bathroom and a giant moth was in the cup! GAG! And this was about 30 years ago! This sort of trauma doesn't really ever leave you. Since then I only use very light colored cups in the bathroom and I ALWAYS CHECK INSIDE.

. said...

My dad has a can of spider spray next to his bed and he actually tells me the tally of the number he's "shot" once in awhile. Hmmm. . .maybe I'd invest in that seeing as you live in a basement! =) How creepy

Trisha said...

Aislynn doesn't even like to go in the basement here cause of the spiders. And my poor sis-in-law is scared to death of them and lived in our basement for a few weeks. I think she vaccuumed every day! LOL. But the only way to solve the bug in the water problem is to use a WATER BOTTLE! :)