Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cooking Classes

We are without a cooking group leader (small enrichment groups) for the moment so I'm trying to plan the summer months so that when we have a new leader she won't have to come up with something instantly. (Perhaps this will be an incentive for the new leader?) In June we'll be doing Dutch Oven cooking. In September I think we'll be doing a class on making and canning your own salsa.  

What would be fun for July and August? Last summer we did summer salads and desserts and we did grilling... I'd love any suggestions that you'd like to see. And if you're in my ward you can still suggest something and I won't ask you to be the group leader. Unless I feel so inspired...  ;)

2 comments:

Megan said...

You could do one on homemade ice cream. Yum!

. said...

ha ha - love the disclaimer! I'm not worried cuz I'm already one of the group leaders! Homemade ice cream sounds divine. Or, let's see. . . I've heard cake decorating come up a couple times in conversations, fun family home evening treats? healthy snacks? Maybe just a night for people to share how they plan menus - I'll keep thinking.