Monday, May 11, 2009

Temple Invader

J said that his history teacher was talking about Mormons today.  (I'll put my thoughts in blue.)

He said his wife went to SLC for a business trip and he went along.  He was at Temple Square and wanted to go inside the temple and just see it but, "there weren't any doors, then I saw a couple come out of some panels on the side of the building..." 

Pause

Ok, Mr. historian those 'panels' are not a big secret, they are carved wood doors and I guarantee that the SLC temple is not the only building ever to have carved wood doors.  I mean it has some unique architecture but, doors?  Really. I've even seen doors at this very temple with my own eyes. Pretty sure they haven't removed them.

But here's where it gets better. When the couple left he "grabbed the door and ran inside. Then some guy literally appeared out of nowhere..."  Certainly must have been one of our staff of guardian angels on standby.  We also call them temple workers.  But who knows, perhaps it was a guardian angel - descending from 'nowhere' and all... 

"He just started yelling at me that I can't come in there and had to leave." Not sure 'yelling' is the appropriate term - I can't really see a temple worker yelling at someone to leave.  But then again, if the guy busted in there through our secret doors, maybe he did have to yell at him to get him to leave...

Then of course the class conversation spiraled into all the weird things Mormons do like get married really young and have their kids taken away in Texas.  Oops, not the Mormons but why bother with little things like facts? 

7 comments:

Celeste said...

Gotta love ignorance and misrepresentation...especially being taught in school. Lovely!

Megan said...

Dito to what Celeste said.

Mandy said...

Oh wow! What a pile to be teaching the kids. Why would you even do that as a teacher? Not only does it misrepresent the facts, it also shows that he's a thoroughly disrespectful person. Can you imagine trying to run into sneak a peak at something that someone obviously deems to be of great importance, etc... Ignorant!

Sue said...

Um, I'm pretty sure it was a Nephite guard with a sword and everything. Lucky guy. How come the amazing stuff only happens to weirdo's?

. said...

And really what was the whole point of him sharing this with the class?? I don't get people sometimes. How did J react?

Adrienne said...

I agree with all said above, and btw, love the title! 'temple invader'

Becky said...

Oh wow! I agree w/ everyone else's comments. I can't believe he would do that. And then have a little Mormon bashing - at school, no less! What a stand up guy!