Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Glasses Clapper

Remember those old commercials for "The Clapper"?  You could put it on your lamps and just "clap" them on and off. It seems like there was something similar for keys so you could find them. I need something like that for my glasses. I don't need my glasses all the time, although that seems to be changing but I'm going to continue to deny that, so I pretty much try to wear them as little as possible. I don't like wearing them and contacts are out. First off, as you'll remember I don't need glasses all the time so why wear contacts? Second, I cannot get the darn things in my eyes. 

The problem is that I have a bad habit of taking my glasses off wherever I am and forgetting them. When I need to leave (especially when I'm in a hurry) I can't find them which of course leads to a frantic search. I can't drive without them so I really can't leave without them so if I'm late for something there's a good chance I couldn't find my glasses because I'm generally a very on time person.  

Sometimes when I take them off and set them on, say, my bed, my nephew jumps on them and smooshes them. I know, I know, I should really just leave them on my face. But let's be honest, I'm not going to. I just need a homing device or a clapper or something in them so I can find them when I need them! Is that so much to ask?

4 comments:

Sue said...

Oh please - just leave them on! I've worn them since 4th grade and that's what? About 45 years. And you can too!

. said...

Hmmm, ever consider one of those really cool chains to hang them around your neck?? No? =) I wouldn't either. Ever seen that movie where Jennifer Aniston plays a forgetful girl named Polly. She put a GPS locator on her keys / ferret so he would beep when she pushed the button? That sounds like what you need!

Sue said...

Also I had a "key clapper" on my keys and one day I gave them to Danny (age 1) in King Soopers, he lost the keys and I was bent over clapping all over the store and people were STARRING at me! And I didn't find the keys! Someone finally turned them in. Are you sure you want to clap for your glasses?

Trisha said...

You need a chain and I know they usually don't look nice, but you could find or make a really pretty beaded one that looks more like a necklace. Actually, I think I saw one at Borders they called a glasses thong. It is a necklace with an open pendant thing that you just hang the glasses from. It was kinda cute believe it or not. Keenan kept taking his off and on and would put them in his eyeglass case and stick it in his pocket...well, he lost them on a fieldtrip. So now, he is only allowed to take them off at home and has to wear them all day.