Friday, May 15, 2009

Shoes

My foot is still swollen from surgery and the incision area is still pretty tender (I guess body parts don't like to have people rummaging around in them) so I can't wear normal shoes yet except for my tennis shoes.  That means I've been wearing my surgical shoe to church every Sunday and let me tell ya, as beautiful as it is, I'm so tired of it. 

Then I found out that I have been awarded a scholarship from the Colorado chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution and there was a luncheon I had to attend today for it. (More on that later.) Now I realize this might be a little vain, but seriously, I just really didn't want to wear my surgical shoe with my dress to this luncheon. I'm sure it would have been fine but I'm just sick of it. So I've been on a mad search for dress shoes this week. Most shoes are cut so that they cross exactly over my incision and clearly that does not work. Ouch. And most are too tight. Unless I go up a size. Then I can't walk because the left foot is falling out of that shoe. Sigh. I did manage to find a pair of a taupe-ish sort of color shoe that mostly worked (totally flat which is not so good for gnarled feet) and a black one that is mostly not that cute but wasn't too uncomfortable so I bought them and will leave them in the box until I decide they aren't that bad or until I find something I like better that works. (Although that's not likely as I've searched so many shoe stores around here...) 

I put some Dr. Scholl's inserts in the taupe ones and they were ok today.  Hooray! I still don't know what I'll do this summer - flip flops are out - but it's not hot yet...

No comments: