Tuesday, May 19, 2009

hair styles

I went to get my hair cut yesterday and I was hoping to find a new style. This raised a couple questions. Well, not so much new questions but for some reason they really annoyed me yesterday.

1. Why isn't there a magazine with haircuts for real people? Ok, I'll admit, I've seen a few of those seriously crazy styles on campus but 99.9% of us would not wear our hair like that and when we want to look at style options... that's not what we want. Or am I alone in that?

2. I often wonder when I do find a cute haircut, "...but will this hair look good even if I'm fully dressed?" I mean what if you got a haircut that only looked good when you were pretty much naked? That would annoy me!  

Same beef with a google search. In fact, you have to be a little more careful there because if you decide that you like a certain starlets hair, for example, and you search her name... Whoa! You may be a little shocked. It's best not to search stars I guess. Maybe I should search "short hair that real women who are fully clothed wear"

3 comments:

Celeste said...

hahaha, that sounds like the perfect search. I wonder what would come up.

Megan said...

HA I totally agree! I had the same issue last time I tried to get my hair cut... they're all crazy outlandish styles. AND if you ask your hairstylist what they think would work well with your hair etc you usually get a blank stare. I guess you have to go to the $100+ a haircut places if you want advise.

Becky said...

No kidding! It's soooo frustrating! And most of us don't wear the neon pink and green and purple eyeshadow to go with the crazy hair, either.